Surgery Scheduler - Cardiology
This Surgery Scheduler is full time days working for Northwest Cardiology
- Schedules department procedures and arranges for required services as needed.
- Assists in developing and maintaining department records and reports and collecting statistical data. Files documents following standard procedures.
- Enters accurate pre-registration information into computer and makes corrections when necessary.
- Answers telephone, receives phone requests, checks phone messages and replies, takes messages and provides information to callers in a timely and efficient manner. Greets all customers promptly and courteously.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationship with physician office staff and/or schedulers keeping these offices informed about new programs, scheduling availability and upcoming activities.
- Prioritizes and enters faxed surgery requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate/detailed log of incoming calls/requests that allows for recollection of occurrence.
- Maintains the physician vacation calendar. Informs directors of pertinent changes.
- Updates and maintains the block drop calendar.
- 10. Visualizes the daily surgical schedule for potential issues with anesthesia, equipment, special requests, gaps in the schedule and makes appropriate adjustment to the schedule.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With three (soon to be four) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, four urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.