Sterile Process Tech
$5,000 Sign on bonus for eligible, experienced Sterile Process Tech's!
This is a Full Time position working at Northwest Medical Center.
Central Sterile Processing Technician minimum job requirements include: sitting/standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory, and visual skills are needed. Attention to detail, ability to write legibly, and have basic computer skills. Must have the ability to lift/push/pull greater than 100 pounds. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, cold, noise, radiation, blood/body fluids, and infectious diseases.
1. Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and equipment, and assembles, wraps and sterilizes trays of instruments. Follows proper Standard Precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
2. Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
3. Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner.
4. Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits requisitions, collects and distribute instruments, and facility medical equipment.
5. Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room, and in equipment storage areas.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, three urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: STERI242792