This a Full time position working day shift in the Imaging department.
- Schedules department procedures and arranges for required services as needed.
- Assists in developing and maintaining department records and reports and collecting statistical data. Files documents following standard procedures.
- Enters accurate pre-registration information into computer and makes corrections when necessary.
- Answers telephone, receives phone requests, checks phone messages and replies, takes messages and provides information to callers in a timely and efficient manner. Greets all customers promptly and courteously.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationship with physician office staff and/or schedulers keeping these offices informed about new programs, scheduling availability and upcoming activities.
- Prioritizes and enters faxed surgery requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate/detailed log of incoming calls/requests that allows for recollection of occurrence.
- Maintains the physician vacation calendar. Informs directors of pertinent changes.
- Updates and maintains the block drop calendar.
- 10. Visualizes the daily surgical schedule for potential issues with anesthesia, equipment, special requests, gaps in the schedule and makes appropriate adjustment to the schedule.
Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. High school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of related experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.