Sched Clk Surg
This Surgery Scheduler is full time days working at 1622 N Swan Rd until Houghton Medical Office Building opens in 2022.
- Schedules department procedures and arranges for required services as needed.
- Assists in developing and maintaining department records and reports and collecting statistical data. Files documents following standard procedures.
- Enters accurate pre-registration information into computer and makes corrections when necessary.
- Answers telephone, receives phone requests, checks phone messages and replies, takes messages and provides information to callers in a timely and efficient manner. Greets all customers promptly and courteously.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationship with physician office staff and/or schedulers keeping these offices informed about new programs, scheduling availability and upcoming activities.
- Prioritizes and enters faxed surgery requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate/detailed log of incoming calls/requests that allows for recollection of occurrence.
- Maintains the physician vacation calendar. Informs directors of pertinent changes.
- Updates and maintains the block drop calendar.
- 10. Visualizes the daily surgical schedule for potential issues with anesthesia, equipment, special requests, gaps in the schedule and makes appropriate adjustment to the schedule.
Opening early 2022, Northwest Medical Center Houghton is a 52-bed, full-service hospital serving Tucson's east side. With a cath lab, labor and delivery unit, intensive care and neonatal intensive care units, full lab and radiology services and four operating rooms supporting a broad array of specialties, Northwest Medical Center Houghton holds plenty of opportunity for applicants. Whether caring for patients at the bedside or supporting the hospital in a non-clinical role, we're excited to build a team who can really make an impact on our community. NMC Houghton is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.