Remote Scheduling Specialist-Tucson-Patient Access Center
This position is fully remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(List in order of importance or percentage of time spent on the particular responsibility – High to Low)
- Answer incoming calls for all assigned clinics and operate call center telephony platforms
- Follows scheduling protocols and guidelines. Utilizes critical thinking to determine which processes to apply to specific situations.
- Determine calls with urgent needs and complete warm transfer to clinic staff
- Complete accurate patient scheduling on provider and ancillary schedules for multiple clinics and Medical Groups.
- Researches patient requests in the medical record and provides information to patient or other entity.
- Obtain information regarding refills, clinical questions, referrals, services, etc. Enter documentation and communication within EMR for non-urgent clinical calls
- Monitor assigned boxes in EMR for return communication from the clinic
- Accurately validate and enter patient name, DOB and demographics
- Collects insurance and pre-certification information from callers, validates insurance eligibility and correct PCP assignment. Determines appropriate and current referrals are present, as indicated
- Adheres and complies to all policies and procedures
- Attend educational sessions and department meetings as scheduled
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned or requested
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
1 years business office experience in the assigned area (billing, collections, customer service, patient access, reimbursement, scheduling, call center, medical clinic, healthcare setting, patient placement) Additional education in business management, healthcare management or closely related field may substitute for the required experience on one-for-one year basis.