Pharmacist - OVH
$10,000 Sign On bonus for eligible Pharmacists.
This is a full time position working at Oro Valley Hospital.
- Reviews, enters or verifies medication orders in the pharmacy informatics system in a timely manner. Assures all medication orders are reviewed for appropriateness, duplicate therapies, interactions, and incompatibilities in order to prevent medication misadventures.
- Reviews patient medical record information such as age, height, weight, allergies, diagnosis and laboratory results to identify and resolve any medication-related problems.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens, including high risk medications, and documents clinical interventions as appropriate.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served.
- Documents and assesses medication adverse drug reactions.
- Provides drug information and medication therapy management recommendations to providers based on clinical status of the patient utilizing appropriate resources, medication usage criteria and medical staff approved protocols.
- Advises patients and/or their representatives on use of various medications, including dosage, side effects and composition.
- Participates in decentralized pharmacist activities.
- Dispenses medications accurately and in a timely manner in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as, hospital policies and procedures.
- Accurately dispenses controlled substances, maintains their accurate inventory, secure storage, record documentation and proper wasting as required by state and federal law, as well as, hospital policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates logical workload assessment, anticipation and prioritization skills. Is able to complete workload responsibilities in a timely and thorough manner.
- Oversees pharmacy technicians in all aspects of medication distribution including the packaging and labeling of pharmaceuticals and the compounding of sterile, non-sterile and hazardous products.
- Minimizes the use of non-formulary medications by appropriately using therapeutic substitution protocols and other medical staff approved protocols.
- Responds to code arrests and other emergent situations where pharmacist assistance is needed.
- Performs other essential job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Must be able to work variable shifts including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an AACP-accredited College of Pharmacy or Bachelor’s Degree from an AACP-accredited College of Pharmacy.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed hospital that also has a freestanding emergency center and large physician group. With these varied access points, you have your choice of settings in which to work. Oro Valley Hospital’s culture centers around providing safe, quality care to patients, but also to foster a work environment based on teamwork, commitment to a shared goal and recognizing employees for all they do to care for our patients. Often described as a “family,” the staff at OVH take pride in doing the best they can to care for their community. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.