Medical Assistant - FULL TIME - DAYS
$1,000 Sign On Bonus for qualified, Medical Assistants!
This Medical Assistant is full time days working at physician clinic located at 2300 Houghton RD.
1. Maintains established policies, procedures and service standards including those that govern confidentiality, objective, quality assurance program, risk management/safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Greets and assigns patients to appropriate rooms. Instructs patients on necessary paperwork and procedures. Plans, organizes and supports the care of patients, families and visitors in outpatient setting.
3. Assists provider with medical office procedures, such as wound dressing, suture removal, injections, UA dips, EKG, holter monitors, and other applicable office procedure depending on specialty.
4. Assist with processing prescription refills via ERX, Fax or phone. Appropriately fills requested for medication samples per practice samples inventory policy.
5. Possess computer skills and applications, as required for each individual practice and specialty. Documents patient care in practice EHR including correspondence and required reports, maintains logs and records as assigned.
6. May be required to perform triage duties, as defined by practice, this may include reporting test result to the patient and/or phone triage, under the direction of a certified care giver i.e. RN, F-NP, PA or Physician.
7. May be required to pre-register patients, schedule appointments, coordinate referrals, and verifies insurance eligibility, photocopy information, scan/file information, and answer the telephone, take messages, and directs calls.
Northwest Medical Center Houghton is a 52-bed, full-service hospital serving Tucson's east side. With a cath lab, labor and delivery unit, intensive care and neonatal intensive care units, full lab and radiology services and four operating rooms supporting a broad array of specialties, Northwest Medical Center Houghton holds plenty of opportunity for applicants. Whether caring for patients at the bedside or supporting the hospital in a non-clinical role, we're excited to build a team who can really make an impact on our community. NMC Houghton is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.