Medical Assistant - Bone & Joint
$1,000 Sign On Bonus for qualified, Medical Assistants!
This Medical Assistant - Physician Practice position is full-time - days - Pain Management - 6130 N La Cholla Suite 135A
1. Maintains established policies, procedures and service standards including those that govern confidentiality, objective, quality assurance program, risk management/safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Greets and assigns patients to appropriate rooms. Instructs patients on necessary paperwork and procedures. Plans, organizes and supports the care of patients, families and visitors in outpatient setting.
3. Assists provider with medical office procedures, such as wound dressing, suture removal, injections, UA dips, EKG, holter monitors, and other applicable office procedure depending on specialty.
4. Assist with processing prescription refills via ERX, Fax or phone. Appropriately fills requested for medication samples per practice samples inventory policy.
5. Possess computer skills and applications, as required for each individual practice and specialty. Documents patient care in practice EHR including correspondence and required reports, maintains logs and records as assigned.
6. May be required to perform triage duties, as defined by practice, this may include reporting test result to the patient and/or phone triage, under the direction of a certified care giver i.e. RN, F-NP, PA or Physician.
7. May be required to pre-register patients, schedule appointments, coordinate referrals, and verifies insurance eligibility, photocopy information, scan/file information, and answer the telephone, take messages, and directs calls.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.