Market Director of Marketing
This is a Full time, exempt position working at Northwest Medical Center.
This position reports to the market CEO, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Regional Marketing Director. Primary responsibilities include management and implementation of overall marketing strategies encompassing advertising, community relations, media relations, internal and external communications, and other promotions for the hospital and its affiliated medical group. The Market Director of Marketing will collaborate with approved vendors and CHS-based marketing and communications staff to execute digital-first, multi-channel campaigns, including measurement and reporting. This position works to ensure promotions and organizational presence are consistent with CHS and network objectives, and supports the network’s strategic planning process.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- MARKETING STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT and DEPLOYMENT
- Collaborates with CHS Regional Marketing Director/VP, CHS teams, vendors and hospital leadership to identify and recommended marketing strategies
- Collaborates with hospital leadership, CHS leads and approved marketing vendors in establishing and executing annual marketing plans
- Applies knowledge and experience to ensure strong, actionable creative and promotions
- Influences colleagues to ensure optimal marketability and seamless consumer-to-patient pathways
- Leverages the approved marketing budget to its fullest extent to drive volume and maintain positive reputation
- Serves as the marketing expert within the facility, with the ability to communicate marketing strategy with knowledge and conviction to stakeholders
- Diligently seeks to measure, track, and communicate ROI and KPIs related to marketing projects
- Guides market research programs, when appropriate and approved
- INTERNAL/EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIA RELATIONS
- Serves as hospital media contact and hospital spokesperson when appropriate
- Proactively and continuously seeks positive media coverage to support the network’s image and growth of network services
- Maintains an internal communications framework to support network communications efforts toward employee engagement and positive workplace culture
- In support of growth initiatives and reputation management, establishes and oversees the network’s community outreach strategies, including CHS Community Connections messaging as well as appropriate community sponsorships and events
- Stays abreast of overall hospital market share, service line market share, market dynamics and other data to help identify new growth strategies
- OWNED MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- Oversees network websites to ensure optimized, up-to-date, compliant and consumer-oriented content
- Oversees online reputation management for the hospital, practices and providers by monitoring and responding to patient reviews and ratings
- Oversees organic social media plans
- PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT and TEAM COLLABORATION
- Supervises network Marketing team by ensuring appropriate skills application and organizing projects/strategies around appropriate objectives and timelines
- Fosters the tenets of the Community Cares culture and organizational Strategic Imperatives
- Coordinates with director(s) of professional outreach to support efforts toward physician alignment, and with practice administration to support affiliated medical group performance
- Remains aware of and compliant with all marketing-related guidelines and corporate policies related to communications, advertising and promotions, physician relations and other topics as applicable
- Participates in Corporate-organized marketing education webinars and utilizes provided toolkits and templates customized for the benefit of the hospital/medical group
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word, as well as an understanding of digital and print design. Professional writing skills are highly desired. Outstanding organizational skills are necessary to support multiple and various projects. Finally, this position requires the ability to collaborate and communicate with a multitude of key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Certificates and Licenses:
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field. Minimum 10 years direct marketing experience, preferably in healthcare, with reasonable leadership experience. Strong analytical skills that demonstrate the ability to identify and act on insights that drive business results.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, three urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.