Mammography Technologist- Women's Imaging - PRN
- Operates X-ray equipment and performs various mammography related procedures.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Explains procedures and educates women about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Responsibilities also include preparing and maintaining records and files, and cleaning and adjusting equipment as needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a chief technologist or manager.
- Requires completion of a formal radiologic technology training program in an A.M.A. approved school, is certified in Diagnostic Mammography
- At least 6 months of experience in radiology.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.