Maintenance Technician / Communications
This Maintenance Technician / Communications is a full time position supporting Northwest Medical Center.
Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the communications department in accordance with applicable administrative and regulatory requirements
Education: Required: Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Required: Four (4) years relevant experience
- Oversees operation and maintenance of hospital telecommunications and non-biomedical electronic systems.
- Maintains department facilities and equipment to ensure maximum efficiency. Coordinates with other hospital departments to service the physical facilities ensuring efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Terminates, tests, properly grounds and cross-connects telecommunications cable, fiber optic transmission lines and wiring devices following accepted industry standards and local building codes.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp or growler.
- Inspects and performs safety tests on electrical equipment, alarm systems, communications system, and medical equipment.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are observed.
- Keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe. Ensures proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- 10. Interprets blueprints, works from sketches or verbal instructions.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With three (soon to be four) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, four urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.