IS Support Tech
This IS Support Tech position is a full-time days.
- Provides desktop support for all computer models, peripheral devices and printers and software applications installed.
- Works with vendors for repair of equipment and/or coordinates arrival of vendor technician for on-site repair as necessary. Coordinates with vendors, users and other parties involved to complete assigned work on time.
- Answers help desk phones, records issues, and assigns those issues to the appropriate Information Services staff for resolution. Maintains a professional and courteous attitude when assisting users and resolving support issues. Closes support tickets in a timely manner.
- Configures and installs appropriate/licensed applications/software on computers per department protocols and instructions.
- Facilitates issue resolution with corporate IT.
- Maintains a secure computing environment, and follows policy and department protocols related to Active Roles (AD), SCCM, encryption, and antivirus solutions.
- Informs IS Management of end user recommendations and functional needs, following established department protocols.
- Maintains a working knowledge of servers and networking equipment installed at assigned facilities. Provides basic support for servers and the network and maintains and awareness of proper escalation protocols for problem resolution.
- Assists with relocation of IT hardware for department moves as well as the installation of new devices. Follows department protocols for inventory and hardware updates.
- Assess, implements and evaluates projects directed by the IS management team.
- Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.