Insurance Verify Rep
This if a full time position working days at Northwest Healthcare.
Coordinates insurance verification on all patients scheduled at our Tucson Surgery Center and Tucson Endoscopy Center. Ensures coverage meets the standards of admission as stated in facility policy's. Relays new and/or revised contractual obligations pertaining to the facility to existing staff in a consistent and professional method.
- Monitors all patient insurance verification processes. Ensures accurate recording and proper flow of required information and forms, including provision of insurance/payer information to the business office.
- Ensures all patients registered in the system have an identified payer source, insurance plans verified, notified and services are authorized.
- Conducts daily QA of work done within the Admitting department and reports to the supervisor on a daily basis.
- Identifies and maintains required skill set to support staff on revised payer requirements.
- Provides admitting representatives with patient liability due, to ensure upfront collections.
- Maintains clear and concise documentation on each patient's account
- Enhances processes in the Admitting Department by attending in-services related to insurance.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, three urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.