Infection Control Specialist
This Infection Control Specialist position is full time located at 6200 N. La Cholla Blvd.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a health care related field or equivalent experience in the field of hospital epidemiology and infection prevention.
Licenses/Certifications: Preferred: Certified in Infection Control
- Identifies hospital and community acquired infections. Informs authorities of reportable diseases. . Maintains agency/program compliance with local, state, federal regulations and accreditation agencies.
- Collects data and keeps records of infections. Investigates clusters of infections or changes in patterns of infections. Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
- Supports hospital infection prevention and control policies and interprets them for staff, acting as an educational resource to staff. Recommends changes in infection control policies on Infection Control.
- Collects, aggregates, displays and conducts analysis of data obtained from monitoring and evaluating the quality of patient care.
- Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required and attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as hospital representative.
- Develops, implements and evaluates standards of care consistent with the Performance Improvement Program.
- Corrects unsatisfactory conditions that may arise in any phase of operations.
- Acts as a liaison with nursing/ancillary/medical staff and community agencies to facilitate problem solving and coordinate services.
- Supports Employee Health Program including post-exposure investigation and staff education as applicable.
10. Develops and implements continuing education programs and in-service training.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, four urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.