This HIM Tech is full-time days position working at 1551 E. Tangerine Road
- Quality Controls (QC) documentation in a timely manner (visits, loose sheets, ROI etc.) by grouping patients and barcodes in proper books and ensuring good quality images according to established procedure.
- Analyzes designated services in a timely manner (i.e.. INPT/OBS/ER/SOP etc.) by assigning proper deficiencies per Joint Commission and facility guidelines for signature, co-signature, and dictations according to the established procedure. Monitors and works each task queue as required; corrects information in the EMR system and does follow up with any necessary departments.
- Assists management with special projects, is team orientated and is flexible in work habits and demonstrates a positive attitude at all times, especially when faced with difficult challenges. Is very knowledgeable and has a solid understanding of department operations.
- Maintains the accuracy and timeliness of the department stat board and productivity logs for their assigned section (i.e., ICR, ER, UC, Warehouse, etc.) by updating daily and reports any unusual variances/problems to their supervisor immediately, without constant intervention.
- Maintains productivity standards on a regular basis as evidenced by: Ability to complete assigned tasks and remain current within assigned schedule; self motivated and brings solutions to supervisor; utilizes overtime only as needed and as authorized by supervisor; avoids unnecessary personal telephone calls and unauthorized breaks are avoided at all times; arrives to work on time and in accordance with assigned shift times; keeps office distractions to a minimum.
- Frequently provides leadership with updates by open communications to lead a small team (2-3 employees). Communicates clearly defined expectations and outcomes to team members and ensure that those expectations and outcomes have been met and implements a corrective action plan or goal when targets are not being met. Has the ability to multi task at any given time and assist team members positively. Establishes and maintains a positive harmonious working environment with all HIM employees, Supervisor, Coding and Transcription resources.
- Adheres to hospital policy for attendance, tardiness and early departure from work. Accurately and timely records payroll information and has no more than 1 mispunch per month.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times as demonstrated by: Conforms to departmental dress code and wears hospital ID badge during working hours. Provides assistance, guidance and direction to visitors and patients in a positive professional manner. Interacts appropriately and business-like with staff and external entities. Presents a positive image of the Department and Hospital and to the public.
- Demonstrates a daily working knowledge of their area and the department; understand the various computer software applications necessary to perform the assigned job functions; possesses and displays the detailed knowledge necessary to accomplish responsibilities for assigned area; can work independently, given proper instruction, without constant reinforcement for supervisor.
- Adheres to and interprets hospital/corporate policies regarding HIPAA Privacy Regulations as evidenced by: Accessing patient information needed to complete their job, discussing patient medical history only with those with a need to know, being aware of their surroundings and who might overhear conversations and responding appropriately before discussing Protected Health Information (PHI), verifies that parties requesting PHI have appropriate authority before obtain PHI.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.