HIM Tech - Physician Clinic
This HIM Tech is full time days position supporting physician clinic at 1951 W Grant Rd. #160
- Preps Charts or loose papers for designated service in a timely manner (i.e.. INPT/OBS/ER/UC/SOP/CLI/RCR etc.) according to established procedure. Scans documentation in a timely manner (visits, loose sheets, ROI etc.) using the correct batch cover names and batch classes according to established procedure.
- Quality Controls (QC) documentation in a timely manner (visits, loose sheets, ROI etc.) by grouping patients and barcodes in proper books and ensuring good quality images according to established procedure.
- Maintains the accuracy and timeliness of the department stat board and productivity logs for their assigned section (i.e., ICR, ER, UC, Warehouse, etc.) by updating daily and reports any unusual variances/problems to their supervisor immediately, without constant intervention.
- Adheres to hospital policy for attendance, tardiness and early departure from work. Accurately and timely records payroll information and has no more than 1 mispunch per month.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times as demonstrated by: Conforms to departmental dress code and wears hospital ID badge during working hours. Provides assistance, guidance and direction to visitors and patients in a positive professional manner. Interacts appropriately and business-like with staff and external entities. Presents a positive image of the Department and Hospital and to the public.
- Demonstrates a daily working knowledge of their area and the department; understand the various computer software applications necessary to perform the assigned job functions; possesses and displays the detailed knowledge necessary to accomplish responsibilities for assigned area; can work independently, given proper instruction, without constant reinforcement for supervisor.
- Maintains productivity standards on a regular basis as evidenced by: Ability to complete assigned tasks and remain current within assigned schedule; self motivated and brings solutions to supervisor; utilizes overtime only as needed and as authorized by supervisor; avoids unnecessary personal telephone calls and unauthorized breaks are avoided at all times; arrives to work on time and in accordance with assigned shift times; keeps office distractions to a minimum.
- Answers 100% of telephone calls by providing the department name and their name to each caller. Answers telephones within 2-3 rings, communicates clearly and concisely and projects a positive upbeat image to the caller. Provides information promptly and communicates with the caller when problems or delays arise with their request. When assisting difficult customers, the Tech remains calm, professional and focused on the caller's issue.
- Validates documentation in a timely manner (visits, loose sheets, ROI etc.) by assigning proper encounter numbers and barcode alias to each document according to established procedures.
- Adheres to hospital/corporate policies related to HIPAA IS Security Regulations and protecting patient privacy as evidenced by: not leaving computers logged on and unattended, not sharing user id/password information, and logging out of computers as outlined in hospital/corporate policies.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With three (soon to be four) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, four urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.