Front Office - Urgent Care
This Front Office position is full time day shift position working 8am to 7:30pm at our Northwest Urgent Cares.
Position works 3 - 12 hour shifts per week, and does require a weekend commitment to work every other weekend
- Greets and checks in patients arriving for appointments, completes necessary forms, checks ID, registers new patients.
- Verifies and updates patient information and health insurance coverage, updates computer system before each patient visit, including changes to name, insurance or demographic information etc. Collects applicable co-pays at time of service. Checks eligibility prior to patients arrival as required.
- Answers incoming calls or overflow calls from the PBX; able to handle multi-line telephone efficiently. Confirms next day's appointments verifying time and location with patient when applicable.
- Responsible for all PCA calls as directed by practice protocol.
- Checks out patients, accurately totals procedures for encounter and schedules follow-up appointments for patients as requested by provider. Schedules and re-schedules appointments as needed.
- Responsible for running day-end reports; balances deposit/batch and cash drawer. Processes all no-shows in the computer system and notifies the appropriate physician via task or according to protocol. Scans all registration forms and files appropriately.
- Runs deficiency reports and corrects deficiencies when applicable. Accurately posts payments received, accurately codes and enter all daily encounter forms as required, balances cash and register TOS’ at end of day per practice protocol.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable level of supplies at reception area, and monitors the operability of office equipment. Request needed supplies and/or repairs in a timely manner. Keeps waiting area and work area clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
10. Improves the work environment by demonstrating an ability to be flexible regarding tasks and assignments. Notices when others need assistance and initiates help. Suggests process improvements that improve workflow and patient satisfaction.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, three urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.