Front Office - Fountain Plaza
This Front Office Clerk is full time days working at 6060 N Fountain Plaza Dr Suite 270.
- Greets and checks in patients arriving for appointments, completes necessary forms, checks ID, registers new patients.
- Verifies and updates patient information and health insurance coverage, updates computer system before each patient visit, including changes to name, insurance or demographic information etc. Collects applicable co-pays at time of service. May be required to check eligibility prior to patients arrival.
- Answers incoming calls or overflow calls from the PBX; able to handle multi-line telephone efficiently. May be required to confirm next day's appointments verifying time and location with patient when applicable.
- Responsible for all PCA calls as directed by practice protocol.
- Checks out patients, accurately totals procedures for encounter and schedules follow-up appointments for patients as requested by provider. May be required to schedule and re-schedule appointments as needed.
- Responsible for running day-end reports; balances deposit/batch and cash drawer. Processes all no-shows in the computer system and notifying the appropriate physician via task or according to protocol. Scan all registration forms and file appropriately
- Runs deficiency reports and corrects deficiencies when applicable. Accurately posts payments received, accurately codes and enter all daily encounter forms as required, balances cash and register TOS’ at end of day per practice protocol.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable level of supplies at reception area, and monitors the operability of office equipment. Request needed supplies and/or repairs in a timely manner. Keeps waiting area and work area clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates proficiency at hospital wide and/or department specific computer software and technology.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With three (soon to be four) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.