Experienced Sterile Process Tech - Tucson Surgery Center
$2,500 Sign On Bonus for eligible, experienced Sterile Process Tech's!
Great Opportunity for Sterile Processing Tech in our fast paced Ambulatory Surgery Center - Variable Part Time Position - Combination of Day Shift/Afternoons/Early Evenings - No Weekends, No Call!
Prior Sterile Processing Experience Preferred.
The Sterile Processing Technician cares for and maintains all surgical instrumentation, sterilization devices, instrument washers and monitoring systems.
- Applies knowledge and experience of principles of Universal Precautions, sterile processing and aseptic techniques
- Has knowledge of the rhythm of surgical procedures and the purpose of instruments included in the instrument sets
- Following established protocol, process surgical instruments through initial wash, set / reset of surgical trays, wrap and process through sterilizers / autoclaves
- Routinely tests effectiveness of sterilizers and records outcomes
- At all times, handle instruments as if they are intended to last a lifetime
- Ensures supplies are always on hand
- Assist in the maintenance of the physician’s preference cards, relative to required instruments
- Has knowledge and understanding of the facility’s policies, including but not limited to, safety, infection control and risk management policies and procedures
- Is knowledgeable and adheres to regulatory requirements (Federal, CDC, and State) and accreditation standards
- Cultivates a cohesive work environment by supporting and working effectively with teammates, both clinical and non-clinical; promotes teamwork and willing to assist where needed to ensure a smooth work day for all
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BLS / ASLS / PALS Certified, as applicable
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years similar experience in a multi-specialty, ambulatory surgery center intraoperative setting, preferred
- Ability to make sound, reasonable decisions
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptiveness to change
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situations with tact
- Highly organized with ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with physicians, hospital partners and ASC staff
- Maintains regular attendance
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, three urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: NORTH255098