Contract Specialist - Finance
This Contract Specialist is full time working in the finance department at 1980 W. Hospital Drive
This position organizes and facilitates the contract management process.
1. Composes templates for employment contracts for physician and non-physician providers, and drafts amendment language based on deep knowledge of NMC employment contracts, CHS contract standards, and unique aspects of the local market.
2. Coordinates with a variety of entities, including Corporate Medical Staff Development and Corporate Physician Practice Support with responsibility for ensuring that all corporate processes and protocols are followed, including all required documentation and contract approvals for employment agreements and other agreements such as Cash Collection Guarantee, Salary Subsidy and Professional Services Agreements.
3. Provides education and serves as professional point of contact for contract questions from physicians, vendors and accountants.
4. Engages in education to maintain expertise on changes to CHS contracts and the contract system process with responsibility for maintaining the local contract management system, providing training and informing other contract support personnel of changes.
5. Defines processes and communications to ensure compliance with policy, regulations and correct payment; departments include areas such as Accounting, Administration, Providers and Medical Staff Services.
6. Responsible for providing accurate financial information to Accounting and Corporate for information regarding Cash Collection Guarantee, Contracts and other required reporting.
7. Jointly accountable for accuracy of auditable records and proper payment by providing correct contracts and information to Accounting.
8. Responsible for ensuring constant readiness for accurate audits, including conducting self-audits and preparing documentation for and drafting responses to external and PRS Audits.
9. Identifies and develops process improvements that improve the efficiency and quality of the NMC contracts process.
10. Performs contract-related projects as assigned by Compliance and Privacy Officers to ensure compliance matters are addressed for contracted services.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in organizational contract management.Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or closely related field. Additional experience in contract management may substitute for the required education on a one for one year basis.
Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel. Compiling statistics, entering data and generating reports; establishing and maintaining filing systems, logs; composing and proofreading documents.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With two (soon to be three) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, four urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.