CNO Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita-Sahuarita, AZ
Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita is an 18-bed neighborhood hospital. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita features a full service emergency department, two operating rooms, outpatient imaging and lab services. Offering cardiology, gastroenterology, orthopedic surgery, general surgery and more, we're excited to take care of our friends and neighbors, conveniently close to home. Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita is located at 16260 S. Rancho Sahuarita Blvd., Sahuarita, AZ, 85629. Call Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita at (520) 416-7100.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for:
- Providing leadership to nurse employees that will enroll their support, create ownership of goals, and have them actively participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Maintaining necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Creating an environment that will encourage recruiting and retention of clinical employees
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs
- Establishing standards for nursing practices and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for nursing services
- Developing organizational patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how nursing care is assessed, delivered and evaluated.
- Developing and managing the nursing services budget and ensuring sufficient number of qualified staff to assess patient needs
- Plan and provide nursing care interventions and prevent complications, promote improvement and patient comfort and wellness
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the nursing services at all meetings including medical staff and hospital board of director meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the CNO will participate in functional decision-making processes necessary to the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare clinical matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital. The CNO will oversee multiple departments within the hospital and reports directly to the hospital Chief Executive Officer.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Master's degree required
- Must be a registered nurse (RN) with a current licensure within the state
- Must possess detailed knowledge of hospital nursing operations
- 5 years of demonstrated successful leadership in an acute-care hospital environment (For-profit experience preferred)
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters