Clinical Research Analyst - Cardiothoracic Surgery Department
This Clinical Research Analyst is full time position in the Cardiothoracic Surgery Department working at 6320 N. La Cholla Blvd. Ste 300
We are looking for a meticulous, detail oriented Research Specialist to assist with data harvesting, and data analysis for the Cardiothoracic Surgery Department at Northwest Medical Center. This position will be responsible for collecting, sorting, and analyzing data, developing, executing, and interpreting research projects. Must have strong communication skills as they will attend clinical meetings to suggest new ways to conduct research projects. Expected to follow strict safety and privacy guidelines to prevent accidents and invasion of personal privacy for research participants. Clinical research specialists inform participants of their duties and benefits and respond to any feedback and complaints with great service. Must also be able to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines by using their advanced multitasking skills in a variety of clinical research projects. Must work well with other specialists in a team environment to finish research duties within a given time-frame. Must also perform effectively on their own with minimal supervision. Research specialists will need to have strong skills across the data analysis pipeline, including proficiency in data mining, data management, statistical analysis and data presentation. The most important of these skills is statistical analysis, which they will use to be able to perform descriptive (what happened), diagnostic (why it happened), predictive (what will happen) and prescriptive analytics (what should be done about it?).
Research Specialist Requirements:
- Provide clinical research expertise by participating in the design and implementation of research projects.
- Analyze results and issue reports to update leadership on progress in a timely manner.
- Coordinate multiple simultaneous research projects and ensure quality and consistency in testing and reporting across disciplines.
- 3 years’ research related experience.
- Knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Computer Literacy and strong mathematical, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive statistical analysis.
- A Bachelor's degree in Science or other related field.