Cashier/Dietary - Northwest - FT - Days
This is a Full Time position working 8 hour varied shifts in the Saguaro and La Cholla Cafes
We are looking for a focused, efficient, courteous Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills to work in a fast paced environment.
The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. Cashier will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain and stocking a clean workspace.
To succeed as a Cashier, you should have a high level of accuracy. You should be flexible, responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging of bakery products for cafeteria use.
- Maintain and stock all cafeteria items on a continuous basis.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, four urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.