CAO Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita- Sahuarita, AZ
Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita is an 18-bed neighborhood hospital. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita features a full service emergency department, two operating rooms, outpatient imaging and lab services. Offering cardiology, gastroenterology, orthopedic surgery, general surgery and more, we're excited to take care of our friends and neighbors, conveniently close to home.
Northwest Healthcare is a multi-faceted network dedicated to providing safe, quality care at each of our locations. With three (soon to be four) hospitals, two freestanding emergency centers, five urgent care locations and a large physician practice including primary care and a variety of specialists, Northwest Healthcare offers you a wide range of settings in which to work. Common among them all is not only the commitment to providing safe patient care, but to employee satisfaction and growth. It is a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all employees—whether caring for patients directly or working in a support role. NWHC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
The CAO will assist the Market Chief Executive Officer or Hospital Chief Executive Officer over multiple facilities in meeting or exceeding the yearly profit objectives, expense control and physician relations for the Hospital. Develop sufficient skills and knowledge in order to be promoted to a Chief Executive Officer position.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with translating annual revenue and profit goals into specific plans that will achieve desired goals.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO, in developing a strategy for increasing volume by targeting specific physicians on the medical staff as well as assessing needs for new physicians.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with achieving a balance between revenue and expenses.
- Periodically review hospital’s department results and advise corrective actions to department managers.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with strategies for building stronger relations with the medical staff.
- Provides suggestions on how to approach difficult problems with individual physicians.
- Assist the hospital CEO/Market CEO with physician recruiting as well as identifying new services/product lines and capital expenditures.
COACHING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Works with individual department manages to review performance, strengths and development needs and provide coaching.
- Shares best practices from experience both internally and externally.
- Suggests additional training that will assist department manager’s performance development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (preferred major in Business Administration).
- Master’s degree in hospital and/or health care administration preferred.
- Minimum of three-four years of successful leadership in a hospital management position.
- Understanding of how to build revenue and physician practices.
- Basic knowledge of hospital financial systems required.
- Ability to recruit, lead, coach and develop employees in order to assist them in job success.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Must be able to problem solve, identify real issues and formulate solutions and to teach others as well.