This Billing Specialist - position is full-time - days - M-F 7:30am-4:00pm.
Critical upfront and post processed claims review for growing physician practice. Patient encounters occur in Office, Hospital OP, Hospital IP, and UC. Working in the Business Office Located at 6180 N. Corona Road - Northwest Medical Center.
Summary: Performs billing of all hospital accounts including some professional fees. Responsible for Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and/or any other contract terms in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Bills inpatient and outpatient clean claims electronically or hard copy with 24 hrs. Researches and edits claims for accurate billing information. Bills all rebills with 72 hrs.
- Documents on system all steps taken on account so that it clearly communicates action. Reprobates account for accurate patient and insurance liability.
- Reviews medical records outstanding on a monthly basis and requests information if needed. Reviews with manager requests that are past 30 days.
- Completes and turns in billing log weekly. Maintains productivity standards on a regular basis as evidenced by: ability to complete assigned tasks and remain current within scheduled hours per week.
- Works toward achieving department and individual goals, meeting HARA National billing standards
- Handles and resolves incoming rebills or correspondence within 3 days. Responds to telephone inquiries by 10:00 am the following scheduled work day. Identifies department and self when answering phone. Reads and follows through on email and moxes within 48 hours.
- Plans and offers various in-service educational materials and instruction for health care professionals. Adheres to expectations of required/mandatory in-services.
- Acts as a team leader or trainer to office staff as required. Assists management with special projects.
- Able to diffuse potential problems or conflicts by handling situation, referring to coordinator/manager.
Northwest Medical Center is comprised of a 300-bed hospital, three urgent care facilities, a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group, offering you a variety of settings in which to work. Every location is dedicated to providing safe, quality patient care, but more than that is the commitment to employees. It strives to provide a culture of teamwork, respect and appreciation for all staff, whether they care for patients directly or work in a support role. With employee appreciation celebrations throughout the year, opportunities for growth and the satisfaction that you are part of a hospital leading the way with accessible, convenient healthcare in Tucson, Northwest is a great place to work. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.