Administrative Specialist NW Healthcare - Oro Valley Hospital
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed, all private-room acute-care hospital where technology and skilled professionals come together to provide compassionate, customer-focused care. Our key services include orthopedics, inpatient rehabilitation, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, gastroenterology, cardiopulmonary testing, imaging and diagnostics, emergency medicine, an adult behavioral health unit and an inpatient rehabilitation facility.
OVH has received a Gold Seal designation from The Joint Commission for its total knee and total hip replacement programs as well as being certified as a Primary Stroke Center, is recognized as a Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology, is certified as a level IV trauma center and Pediatric-Prepared ER.
Oro Valley Hospital also has an affiliated physician practice, Northwest Allied Physicians, offering primary care and specialist physicians. Oro Valley Hospital is located at 1551 East Tangerine Road in Oro Valley, Arizona.
Administrative Specialist - the entry level position for our hospital administrative leadership development track. Unlike traditional Administrative Fellowships, this opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with CHS, which, if successful, will lead to the progressive advancement to a CEO role at one of our facilities.
Working with a Preceptor, the hospital CEO, one will gain agreement on the specific content and goals of the Specialist experience. The incumbent will learn the methods and responsibilities of the administrative function of a CHS hospital in accordance with the administrative policies and procedures of the Corporation so that one will become competent to manage the administrative work of a CHS hospital. Typical components of the experience will include a rotation through key hospital departments, projects with exposure to strategic operational issues, and involvement in senior management meetings/committees.
- Complete the Core Curriculum and On-the-Job Training activities assigned by the Hospital CEO
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings, Executive Committee meetings, Finance Committee meetings, Medical Staff meetings, Financial Staff meetings, Hospital Association meetings and Department Head meetings.
- Perform assigned duties in various hospital departments as directed in order to become familiar with these departments and to obtain a working knowledge of their functions
- Complete a written self-evaluation once per quarter
- Participate in special projects as assigned by preceptor (CEO and/or COO)
- May directly manage one or more hospital departments as assigned by the preceptor
- Will gain interaction with: Hospital CEO and CFO, Corporate Division Office, Hospital Department Heads, Physicians, Corporate Administration, Local Community
- Must have some acute care hospital experience providing exposure to hospital administration either through an internship, residency or full-time employment.
- Must demonstrate the potential for planning, organizing, directing and controlling hospital operations.
- Must be capable of motivating self and others.
- Must be willing to relocate.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in healthcare or Master’s degree in Health Administration from an accredited institution.